November Harvest Drive 2021 was a triumphant success!
COVID -19 did not stop the incredible Harvest Drive team of community volunteers, students, staff, administrators, school social workers and community partners from brightening Thanksgiving for than 1800 families.
* Between November 12th and November 20th, the Harvest Drive provided 2-4 full bags of non-perishable groceries to more than 1700 families.
* 1300 families received a large ziplock bag of toiletries and a $25 gift card to complete their Thanksgiving meal.
* Distribution took place at 10 sites including 6 school sites and 4 non-school sites.
* 80% of recipient families were referred by Broward County Schools, social workers.
* 20% of recipient families were referred by agencies recommended by CSC and the South Florida Hunger Coalition.
* Families from more than 130 schools received referrals. About 1/3 of these schools also participated in the food collection process.
* 100 + families received perishables and all of the fixings for a complete Thanksgiving meal through the generosity of Mercedes Benz of Coconut Creek – Thank you Neighbors 4 Neighbors for this opportunity.
While these numbers are lower than a typical year, the heart and passion shown by the participating schools was absolutely outstanding. We are blessed to be part of an amazing community committed to our students and their families. The empathy shown by all of our site leaders and participating students is a ray of hope during these difficult times.
Our current hunger crisis is not over and our work continues. The Harvest Drive team will pack, and distribute in December and approximately every 2 weeks going into 2021.
Copyright ©2020 – HarvestDriveFlorida.com | All Rights Reserved
13762 W State Road 84, Suite 316, Davie, FL 33325-5304 | State Reference ID : N10000007557
Donations are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. | Harvest Drive Inc is a 501c3 non-profit organization.